Trust Board Meeting in Public Protocol
The Board of South London Healthcare NHS Trust will meet at least six times during the calendar year 2011. These meetings are held in public and the public are entitled to come along and listen to Board discussion.
Before each meeting commences, members of the public will be invited to ask questions on items for decision and discussion relevant to the Trust Board meeting agenda.
Members of the public are reminded that:
- When asking a question, please introduce yourself;
- Questions relating to individual patient care or the performance of individual staff members will not be discussed at Board meetings;
- To enable as many attendees to ask a question or make a comment, each attendee is invited to make one comment or ask one question.
- There may be a need at times for responses to be provided outside the meeting. If answers cannot be provided at the meeting, a full response will be given in writing/telephone within 20 working days.
- The Chair reserves the right not to respond to comments or questions which relate to issues which are the subject of current confidential discussions or legal action or any other matter at his discretion. The Chairman will provide an explanation if such discussion cannot take place;
- The Chair reserves the right to decide that a comment or question requires a formal Trust response and in such cases the question will be acknowledged and responded to within the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act.
- The time available for comments or questions should not prejudice the proper and timely conduct of the Trust Board Meeting in Public;
Notice of the question and/or comment, can be submitted through completion of the Trust proforma. Please note that any written communication of verbal request may be treated as a request under the Freedom of Information Act Regulations and treated accordingly
A record of questions asked and answers given will be published on the Frequently Asked Questions page within 20 working days
After Questions from the Floor, the Trust Board Meeting in Public will commence.
South London Healthcare NHS Trust is committed to openness and transparency in its decision making, and will continue to develop and invest in other methods of working with local people to fulfil its responsibilities.
Questions/Comments for Trust Board Meeting in Public
Members of the public are invited to comment/submit questions on any subject pertaining to items for decision and discussion relevant to the Trust Board Agenda
Questions should be submitted through completion of the proforma, in advance of the meeting, to enable a full response at the meeting or within 20 working days of receipt.
Should members of the public require help or guidance to formulate a question or complete the pro-forma they may contact the Trust Board Secretary or their Local Involvement Network (LINks). Contact details are given below.
South London Healthcare NHS Trust
Trust Head Quarters
Queen Mary's Hospital
Tel: 020 8302 2678 (x4000)
Suite 3, Leigh House
7 Station Approach
Tel: 020 8303 1948
Tel: 020 8315 1982
Greenwichwest Community & Arts Centre
141 Greenwich High Road
Tel: 020 8853 2857
Please e-mail a completed proforma to the Trust Board Secretary or submit a question on-line, no later than 12:00 noon 24 hours (excepting weekends and Bank holidays) before the date of the meeting of the Trust Board.