Occuaptional Therapy is a service to help patients achieve their maximum level of independence through assessment and formulation of treatment programmes, to enable safe and rapid discharge home where possible, and by recommending necessary equipment and support services.
- Use of functional activities for the treatment of physical, psychological and emotional dysfunction
- Retraining in personal and domestic activities of daily living
- Prescription of equipment and provision of education, regarding its appropriate use and maintenance
- Liaison with the patient, family and/or friends of the patient, in relation to home management, impact of the illness and previous hospital admissions
- Hospital and home based assessment to minimise risk, in order to facilitate safer discharge.
- Assessment and consultation of patients of all ages including children, by a qualified band 7 specialist hand therapist
- Holisitc assessment And treatment of hand function
- Therapeutic therapy programmes tailored to each individual
- Custom made splints to meet individual need.
AvailabilityMonday - Friday, 08:00 - 17:00
Clinical Lead for Occupational Therapy: 020 8302 2678 (x4017)
Queen Mary's, Sidcup (Junctions 2 & 8)
Princess Royal, Bromley
Queen Elizabeth, Woolwich